Saturday, June 27, 2009

Module 7

If no one brings attention to a problem, then it is more than likely to go unnoticed. However, when a group of people (or perhaps even one very dedicated individual) brings a situation to the public's eye, then they can begin to recruit people to assist them in their new found cause.

I think there comes a point in any movement where some are content enough with the change they have made to see their goals to completion. This may or may not have been a tactic used by the oppressors, but I think may will grow tired of seeing little or no progress for so long that they take a small victory as the final win.

Some of my beliefs on gender equality were expressed in my previous entries; however, if I were to write a manifesto outlining the steps to make it a reality I think the following would be required:

- a modernized society
- willingness from both sexes

A modernized society is a requirement since physical survival is not its primary concern, and as a result, no loner requires the caveman attitude of early man. Willingness from both sexes is also required since both males and females will be asked to participate in activities that their genetic features do not exclude them from.

1 comment:

  1. Darren, I agree completely with your manifesto! I specially agree with what you are saying about a willingness from both sexes because I feel like that if we could establish an equal society that that would be the root of it.

    ReplyDelete